Re: evdev Protocol in RELENG_7

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:15:28 +0100
Quoting "Sean C. Farley" <scf_at_FreeBSD.org> (Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:43:58 -0500 (CDT)):

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>
> > Here is My Question, is it possible to use evdev (the xorg mouse
> > protocol that may be linux specific)in RELENG_7 with xorg 7.3?
> >
> > I have a Logitech mx1000 mouse and I can not seem to get xorg to use
> > the buttons correctly. I have searched google high and low.
> >
> > the dmesg says it is a 16 button mouse however I only count 12.
> > whatever the case, the top buttons by the wheel have the same id as
> > the wheel scroll in xev
> >
> > if there is an alternate way to use a 12 button mouse in FreeBSD
> > please point me to the appropriate documentation.
>
> Here is my setup for using the MX1000.  It is probably not entirely
> correct, but I have been too busy to spend time restructuring it.  If
> you get some better ideas, please let me know.
>
> First, I disable moused since it will not pass that many buttons (max
> seven buttons?) to Xorg.  /etc/rc.conf:

% grep MAX_BUTTONS /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ums.c | head -1
#define MAX_BUTTONS     31      /* chosen because sc_buttons is int */

I remember to have increased the number of buttons in ums as it was
needed for some devices. I suggest you try to hunt down the
corresponding parts in sysmouse/moused where a lower number is enforced.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7