Re: a better lesskey helper

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:34:08 -0500
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Nikolay Pavlov <qpadla_at_gmail.com> writes:
>> There is already such a file there. You just need to proper set an
>> environment: setenv LESSOPEN '|lesspipe.sh %s'
>
> zless will do that for you.
>
> DES
Now I'm getting a bit confused.  I know you from long before, and I know
you wouldn't make mistakes easily.  MY zless here doesn't decode
executables and libs, but there's no man page, and zless --help gives
only the standard less help info, so I don;'t know what zless does that
less didn't do before I changed out the lesspipe.sh on my local system.

I really wouldn't want to bother folks anymore on this if I'm all wet?
Does your less not decode tar.gz things?  What does your zless do that
your less doesn't?  Does either your zless or your less decode
executables and libraries (via a objdump pipe)?

I gotta admit, I'd never heard of zless.