Re: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

From: Pieter de Goeje <pieter_at_degoeje.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:33:41 +0100
On Saturday 10 November 2007, Pieter de Goeje wrote:

> > > I can no longer reproduce it any more.
> >
> > Could anybody who was able to trigger the panic with relative ease, do
> > the binary search for the dates that
> > A. started the problem
> > B. eliminated it
> >
> > There is uneasy feeling for the bug that did such appearance and still
> > not tracked.
>
> Doing a binary search now. Might take some time though.
This commit to sys/vm/vm_object.c fixed it:

revision 1.386
date: 2007/10/18 23:02:18;  author: alc;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
The previous revision, updating vm_object_page_remove() for the new page
cache, did not account for the case where the vm object has nothing but
cached pages.

Reported by:    kris, tegge
Reviewed by:    tegge

If you want I can still do a search for the commit that introduced the
problem, but I think this gives a rather strong clue on what caused it :)

Pieter de Goeje