Re: Remaining SATA (and other) issues TAKE 2

From: Arno J. Klaassen <arno_at_heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: 11 Nov 2007 17:51:20 +0100
Søren Schmidt <sos_at_deepcore.dk> writes:

> Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
> > I still test first on releng_6, but initial testing indicates
> > it solves my problems.
> >   Thank you very much!
> >
> Now it would be interesting to know if both parts of the patch are
> needed, can you test that ?
> That is just the part that changes the burst length, and just the part
> that hacks the SG list.

with pleasure, but just leave me a day or two : I'm now copying
data from a 3Ware array with a faling disk to this box (that is
where I set it up for originally) before rebuilding the array
with a new disk (that lab has no money (they say) for decent
backup and I fell more confident to fiddle with twdm2 when
having a decent backup of the data).

Enfin, I'll let you know when I have tested both parts of the
patch individually.

> > [ .. bus_alloc_resource_any() for ATA_BMADDR_RID : .. ]
> > Just if ever this info helps you; the failing bus_alloc_resource_any()
> > for ATA_BMADDR_RID does not seem to have any influence.
> >
> That's just harmless verbose chatter from the PCI subsystem. It needs
> to grow functionality to tell what kind of resources are there.
>  I'll change ATA to take advantage of that when present, until then I
> have no intention of poking around PCI space registers on my own.

OK. Thanx for the explanation.

> Keep snot and beard sorted as we say over here :)

"ah, ces vikings barbares" as the say over here (I'm Dutch from birth)

Arno