Re: nfe internet problems

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:55:00 +0000
Chuck Robey wrote:

*snip*

> I have one other odd problem, it's that no probe messages whatever print
> during booting, so I had to pick up the demsg later on.  The last thing
> I see during booting is the first spinner character, usually "|", and
> the next thing I see is "Login;", nothing inbetween whatever.   Any idea
> why my booting has gone totally silent on me?

Not so odd. This is the way we set up servers. '-h' for headless.

Now - the question is *why* IF/AS/WHEN you have no such setting.

My guess is BIOS reporting one thing, probe another w/r finding a VGA it is
allowed to use for console.

What the probe 'discovers' doen't go active until it has finished - but the
first two loader stages simply 'assume' console will be dealt with somehow, so
their output does show up - boot device choice, spinner and such are still BIOS
turf.

Bill