Re: Problem compiling graid5

From: Arne <arne_woerner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:53:11 -0800 (PST)
--- Henrik Bergkvist <henrik_at_mdfnet.se> wrote:
> Now it works. But I have to specify -y otherwise it does nothing.

Hmm...
Without -y it does the following: It destroys the device and then GEOM asks
graid5 if it could use those disks, that have been changed lately (by graid5
when it marked the device clean)... *giggle*
With -y it changes the order of some events... I took that trick from
gmirror...

> Btw. how do I start a stopped device again except unload/load?

Hmm...
U could (I am just guessing) open each disk that belongs to the graid5 device
for writing (but dont write anything)...
Maybe this would do the trick:
dd if=/dev/blah count=0 of=/dev/blah

-Arne