Re: nfe internet problems

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:43:11 -0500
Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
>>  > >
> It seems that you have MCP55 and the hardware is known to work
> without issues. In order to narrow down the issue I have to know
> where it locks up. When the system was locked up would you get a
> dump and show me the backtrace info?
> See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html for more information.

You don't seem to understand.  The system locks up hard, absolutely, no
response to keyboard or the net, not even pings.
Dead to the world, repeatably (I did it 3 times in a row, because I am
somewhat of a stubborn person).

I've done a great deal of kernel debugging (netinet stuff, mainly in
FreeBSD-2.8, for $$), but not when the system becomes a doorstop.