Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

From: Ender <ender_at_enderzone.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:58:37 -0500
Travis Mikalson wrote:
> There is definitely a problem. The Tyan S3950G2NR (HT1000) on-board
> SATA controller corrupts my data horribly and so does a Marvell
> 88SX6081 8-port SATA300 controller plugged into the PCI-X slot.
>
> I have had to buy a couple cheap 4-port SiI3114 PCI cards for now to
> be able to use this system with RELENG_7 and ZFS.
>
> Jeff Roberson wrote:
>> I have reports from a user that his install ends up corrupted.  I
>> wanted to find out if it was a general problem with this chipset.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff

I have several of these machines and i have tried installing Freebsd 6 -
Freebsd 7 beta2 . The general breakdown is as follows. On freebsd 6 PATA
mode works, SATA mode is broken. On freebsd 7 both PATA and SATA mode is
broken. You can not even do a fresh install of 7 beta2. (I have only
been able to use these machines disklessly)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/117656