Re: geom_raid5 inclusion in HEAD?

From: Arne <arne_woerner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:05:29 -0800 (PST)
--- Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/p4-projects/2007-July/020082.html

Thk u v. mu.... :-)

> Hm.  I used growfs only once, and it worked fine.  Was
> there a regression introduced at some point?  It should
> certainly be fixed, because growfs seem to be very
> useful.

It should be easy to reproduce, if it is not fixed yet:
just fill the new part of the device with bytes from /dev/random and then use
growfs and be astonished... :-) U can use a bsdlabel (small in the beginning
and greater later) on a md device (mdconfig)...

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/115174

-Arne