Re: ata(4) support for IXP600 and IXP700

From: Martin Matuska <mm_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:23:10 +0100
Yes, the IDE of SB600/SB700 do support only one IDE channel.
I suggest freeing that used resource (like ATISINGLE in the other patch)

There are detailed specifications of the SB600 chipset available:

ATI SB600 Series - Specifications (Overview)
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_14603_14620%5E14623,00.html

AMD SB600 Databook (Detailed specification)
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/42119_sb600_ds_nda_3.02.pdf

I could not find information like that for SB700 or SB750, here a
article that states that there is also only single IDE at SB700:
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1047&Itemid=5