Re: X crash with radeon driver - AGP broken?

From: Lionel Flandrin <simias.n_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:18:15 +0100
"Vladimir Timofeev" <vovkasm_at_gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, if u have nforce2 chipset on motheboard side,

  I do

> try this patch...
> with this I can run X, but not test more...
>
> How to patch:
> cd /usr/src
> patch < latest-agp_nvidia.c.diff
>
> my conf: Abit NF7 motheboard, Radeon 9200 video, fbsd 7.0-BETA3, X
> Server 1.4.0 (from /var/log/Xorg.0.log)

  I have a zenith chaintech motherboard and a radeon 9600 pro, same
fbsd/X version, and indeed, it works, thanks a lot! I can finally use my
two screens again!

  I played with xrandr, glxgears and some 3d apps (blender for instance)
and it seems to work perfectly. Will this patch be commited to the main
tree ?

  Also, I'm curious, what was the problem in the first place ? I must
say I have no clue what this patch is doing (excepted it doesn't seem
too nasty :).

Thanks again,
--
Lionel