spontaneous failure to deliver keystrokes

From: Ben Kaduk <minimarmot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:19:34 -0500
Hi all,

I recently put down a fresh install of 7.0-beta2 on my machine that was once
tracking HEAD, and just now I was typing into an xterm and all my
keystrokes were lost.  In fact, the machine (laptop) does not respond
to any keyboard input at the moment, though the mouse works
fine and I can ssh in.

I'm going to leave the machine in this state for a while, in case there's
a way to frob at kbdmux that I don't know about (yet).

I am inclined to suspect the hardware on this machine, since it's
already four years old and showing signs of age/wear, but I'll
throw this out there in case someone else is also seeing
weirdness (and who knows, maybe there is a way to
remotely frob kbdmux and I'll find out).

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk