Re: 7-BETA3 everyday reboot (was: BETA3 crash)

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:48:01 +0100
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:47:51 -0300
"Alexandre Biancalana" <biancalana_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> After the reboot, the kernel running have the patch suggested by
> ivoras_at_ (http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/vm_kern.c.2.patch),
> but how the patch is related to "kmem_map too small", I don't think
> that will be usefull with this panic.
>
> I *really* need some solution :(
>
>  Any ideas ?

The patch is potentially useful because the new code tries harder to
reclaim pages (8 times instead of once with a sleep in between the
attempts).

The idea is that pages may become available at some time during one
of the sleeps.

Just try it and see whether it helps. Can't do any harm.

--
Gary Jennejohn