Re: small purposal for change in installworld

From: Remko Lodder <remko_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:35:04 +0200
Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>> Sorry I really do not understand what is your point. For me the main
>> difference between linux and freebsd is documentation.
>> FreeBSD is very well documented project , as far as I know there is no
>> such beast as well documented linux distro :)
>> For me FreeBSD community was (and still is) very helpful and never with
>> attitude RTFM.
>> If you consider my mail with examples and steps how to accomplish all
>> that you asked for as RTFM attitude I just do not know what to say.
>
> Sorry for being a little abrasive... my main point is we should aim
> for more of a "point and click" style of doing things... apple and ms
> have done it pretty well for the average case.

I disagree, one of the major powers of FreeBSD is that it's stable
and fast by not using "point and click" facilities. Ofcourse there
are projects that aim for this on the desktop like PC-BSD, we are
not MS or Apple though, personally I would not feel comfortable
moving to such a position (point and click).

Cheers
remko

--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko_at_elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko_at_FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */