Re: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:56:44 +1000
On 2007-Oct-03 15:21:15 +0200, Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>Also, I note that everytime I panic, my currently opened files are reduced
>to 0 bytes. Is that expected?

It depends, are you talking about files being read or only files being
written?  If this is just affecting writes, then this is a side-effect
of the stdio buffering, together with the write-back nature of the UFS
buffer cache in conjunction with soft-updates: Data on disk is
typically about 30 seconds behind reality and the file contents will
always be behind the file itself.  It is quite normal for recently
written files (or files currently being written) to be truncated on
disk following a crash.

--
Peter Jeremy