Re: ZFS kmem_map too small.

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 06:14:48 +0200
Le Friday 05 October 2007, Pawel Jakub Dawidek a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> We'are about to branch RELENG_7 and I'd like to start discussion with
> folks that experience 'kmem_map too small' panic with the latest HEAD.
>
> I'm trying hard to reproduce it and I can't, so I need to gather more
> info how you are able to provoke this panic.

Hello,

I can usually see it with my old, *384MB-only*, bi-celeron machine by just
make-ing the world with two parallel jobs (it seems to be fine with -j1).

this is with a quite recent i386 -current, storing most of its file in a
mirrored ZFS :

% zpool status
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad0s2d  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad2s2d  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
% mount
/dev/mirror/gm0a on / (ufs, local, soft-updates)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
tank on /tank (zfs, local, noatime)
tank/files1 on /tank/files1 (zfs, local, noatime)
tank/files3 on /tank/files3 (zfs, local, noatime)
tank/tmp on /tmp (zfs, local, noatime)
tank/usr on /usr (zfs, local, noatime)
tank/var on /var (zfs, local, noatime)

tank/files1 is used for the src tree, and tank/files3 for the obj tree.

	TfH