Re: viral license free fork of freebsd

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:18:04 -0400

>>> http://www.flosoft-systems.com/blogs/aryeh/index.php [first three
>>> enteries])
>> I'm certainly no paragon of typing or spelling accuracy myself, but I hope you
>> won't be offended if I suggest taking a *spell checker* to both of those
>
> I thought they where basically well proof read... oh well... will go
> through them again (particularly the second one)

One thing professional writers learn very early (1960's):

NO ONE can proofread their own work well.

We 'see' what we *intended* to say - not what we actually typed.

Spell-checkers are objective.

Even when dead-wrong, they draw your eye to possible anomalies.

...and still miss a few.

Such as the time a VP of Sales called me to whine that he didn't have a sister....

???

One of my staff had published the new Sales Compensation Plan - having
spell-checked 'blind'. Thereby turning  'incent', 'incentive', incentivize' to
'incest' ... and derivatives.

Compilers are even less discriminate, BTW.

;-)

Bill