Re: TSO4 network problems and scheduler selection

From: Artem Kuchin <matrix_at_itlegion.ru>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:17:10 +0400
>I had our test/validation group attempt to repro your problem
> with TSO and they were unable to do so. I do not know what
> hardware/config ingredients in your environment are causing
> a problem but something odd is going on.  Test suggested
> something like a speed mismatch, but we don't know for
> sure.
>
> Right now I see no evidence to suggest that its important
> to disable TSO. If anyone has a scenario I can reproduce
> I'd be happy to look further.

Jack, i have played with kernel settings all day today trying to
repoduce  the bug and recompiled kernel probably 20 times ;)

This is all totally weird, i went to back 4BSD scheduler,
set polliing option in kernel, set HZ=1000, so, effectivelly
i went back to the setup where i had this problem BUT the
problem never appeared again. I did not do any cvsup since then, so,
it is all the same source. But now everythig work flawlessly with TSO4
option on interface.

I am really sorry to waste your and other peoples'
time, but beleave me, the problem was really persistent and it was there
for more than a month.

I think you are right and it was some kind of speed mismatch with
the cisco router or some kind of electrical problems, either way it
went away and now everything works.

--
Regards,
Artem