Re: Installing a system onto ZFS

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 00:04:46 +0200
> drive. Is that what others are doing?

I've been doing the install-and-then-movie variant. Right now I have
however prepared a full freebsd installation on a USB stick, so that I
can just boot that and 'make installworld && make distribution' + do
the necessary grub and/or boot0cfg stuff required. I have not yet
actually used it for a ZFS install, but I imagine I will love myself
for preparing it the next time I need to do such an install ;)

I like the approach since you have a 100% complete system available
(all the tools or whatnot; can install any ports required or
whatever). So as long as I am somehow able to pull off the boot off of
usb, I should be set regardless of wonky features of the system I am
installing on, or of the intended installation.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org