Re: ZFS kmem_map too small.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:15:23 +0200
Here are some updates:

I was able to reproduce the panic by rsyncing big files and trying
bonnie++ test suggested in this thread.

Can you guys retry with this patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/vm_kern.c.2.patch

It's a hack, yes, but allows to mitigate the problem quite well. I'm
looking for a solution that can be used for 7.0 before we find a better
fix.

BTW. To use ZFS you _must_ increase vm.kmem_size/vm.kmem_size_max.
If you have the problem discussed here and you're using standard values,
please retry with vm.kmem_size/vm.kmem_size_max set to at least 600MB in
/boot/loader.conf.

I'm not sure if it's not too late to ask re_at_ about increasing the
default kmem size at least on amd64. ~300MB we have there is silly
small.

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org