Re: Which java jdk to use on -CURRENT?

From: Greg Lewis <glewis_at_eyesbeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:45:29 -0700
On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 02:55:18PM +0200, Peter van Heusden wrote:
> I am having trouble getting a working jdk on -CURRENT. Thus far, I have
> diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_7 installed, but it is dumping core in various
> circumstances - for instance when used as part of OpenOffice, trying to
> run Sun Download Manager, etc. I have tried installing the java/jdk16
> port, but got this:

Diablo is just having some problems on -CURRENT.  It seems like 6.x
applications aren't fully compatible or some of the uses its being put
do aren't fully compatible (e.g. you can't use Diablo with another native
application that has its own 7.x shared libraries and expect things to
work).

For jdk16 and jdk15 you either need -fno-tree-vrp as others have mentioned
or you should update to a more recent -CURRENT which should have this
turned on by default.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis_at_eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis_at_FreeBSD.org