Re: Removing a symbol from Symbol.map?

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Steve Kargl wrote:

> In my journey through the libm source code, I've discovered
> that msun/src/w_cabs.c contains a function named z_abs.  This
> symbol appears in libm's Symbol.map, but z_abs has not prototype
> in any header file under /usr/include.  Thus, it is namespace
> pollution that I'd like to remove.  Do I simply remove z_abs from
> Symbol.map or is there more to it then this?

Nope, no more to it than just removing it from the symbol
map.  I certainly don't have any object to removing symbols
that don't belong there.  It should be MFC'd to -7 before
release if it really shouldn't be there.  If it doesn't
make it to -7, then we'll need to keep it as a compatibility
function forever.

--
DE