Re: acpi.ko not being built?

From: Erik Cederstrand <erik_at_cederstrand.dk>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:16:41 +0200
Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:20:19PM +0200, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm attempting to upgrade a server to amd64 CURRENT from an older
>> snapshot. I have "MODULES_OVERRIDE= acpi" in make.conf but
>> apparently only the acpi_*.ko files are being built, not acpi.ko
>> itself. As a result, acpi.ko is not being loaded on boot.
>
> On amd64 (and ia64) acpi is compiled in the the kernel rather than
> built as a module.

I see, thanks. I was actually trying to get powerd running, but it was
complaining about missing "freq". It turns out freq is a sysctl provided
by cpufreq and has nothing to do with acpi. So I guess I was asking the
wrong question.

Anyway, the answers here got me further, but after playing around I now
have "powernow0 attach returned 6" in my dmesg, and no dev.cpu.*.freq
sysctl's. This looks a lot like PR i386/106850. I can provide any info
necessary if anyone wants to look into this.

Erik