Re: I backed out the sensors framework

From: Constantine A. Murenin <cnst_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:19:48 -0400
On 15/10/2007 16:13, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> I don't think it was really necessary to back it out, but see the
> discussion on cvs-all.

It is quite upsetting indeed.

There are tonnes of unused compatibility stuff in FreeBSD; backing out
some interface that could have been used as a compatibility layer with
something that is actually heavily used in the neighbouring BSD projects
is unwarranted and obviously biased.

Alexander, I'd like to thank you for your work in committing this, and
for all of your thoughtful replies on the cvs-src and other mailing
lists.  I'd also like to thank everyone else who participated in the
testing of this framework, and otherwise provided support for the project.

Last but not least, I'd also like to thank my SoC mentor, syrinx_at_, for
her strong belief that the previous conflicts between the FreeBSD and
OpenBSD projects would not affect the framework, which, at the end of
the day, made this SoC project successful and complete, and allowed for
it to be integrated into some other unrelated BSD project (based on a
RELENG_4 fork).  Shteryana, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that
you'll prove us all wrong.  :-)

For people that are unhappy about the backout, speak now or forever hold
your peace.  Either way, this SoC project was great, and even phk_at_
agrees in that matter!  ;-)

Best regards,
Constantine.