Re: I backed out the sensors framework

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:06:37 +0200
YoctoGram wrote:

> Why should Google be spending any more money on "approved" FreeBSD
> SoC... if, at the end, it get "backed out" ?

Well SoC is mostly a recruitment gimmick for Google (a good one at that
- I have no objections about it :) ) so in any case Google gets
something of it. Projects made for SoC are not necessarily fit for
inclusion in the official system - some of them are just experiments. I
think that getting the sensors framework ported was a Good Thing because
it showed how it won't fit in FreeBSD - if it didn't get ported, people
might wonder why :)