Re: another gcc 4.2 breakage?

From: Simon Barner <barner_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:36:52 +0200
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Michael Butler wrote:
>> Seems that 'valgrind', either port won't build on RELENG_7. Errors like
>> these break the build ..
>> vg_mylibc.c: In function 'vgPlain_brk':
>> vg_mylibc.c:498: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>> vg_mylibc.c:812: error: invalid storage class for function
>> 'add_to_vg_sprintf_buf'
>
> This and a few hundred others.  Talk to the maintainer and/or develop a
> patch.

I have a compile fix for this problem -- the resulting binary dumps
core though. I can commit the fix and mark the port IGNORE on RELENG_7
until we have a proper solution.

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner_at_FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner_at_gmx.de