Re: Broken su in current - trying to fix myself, help needed!

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:43:56 -0400
> if you try to run a very simple perl script:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> $com="/usr/bin/su root -c 'echo heck'";
> system($com);
> print "done!\n";

This works fine for me. If I run it as root (and change the user it's
su'ing to to a normal user), it runs find and prints:

heck
done

If I run it as a normal user su'ing to root (e.g. the same as you're
doing), I get a Password: prompt, and entering my password it still
works:

% ./su.pl
Password:
heck
done!

Do you have another way to reproduce this? Because that particular
test is working fine here on a RELENG_7 box (csup'd last night).

Josh