Re: ffs_blkfree bug

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:09:09 -0400
Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

> (I'm not subscribed to this list, so cc on replies if you want me to see
> them)

Given that subscribing is free, easy, and doesn't rot your teeth or anything,
one might presume you don't WANT to see replies?

Might be helpful if we knew what you meant by 'destroyed' w/r those partitions.

Do you mean it corrupted the disklabel?

Made pudding with the directory structure?

Or just munged the [few | many] files that were actively in-use?

Softupdates is *supposed to* leave things as they were at some <not fully
deterministic length of time> earlier state.

It may lose some updates, but I've been rather rude to it, intentionally and
otherwise, w/o making it lose any more than that...

Details?  Specifics?

Bill