Re: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:39:48 +0300
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:05:59AM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Kostik Belousov wrote:

> >>I actually seem to be getting the panic more often with the patch (i.e.
> >>twice in just 30 minutes with the patch, about twice per day without the
> >>patch), while doing the same things as usual. The panic usually happens
> >>when
> >>I'm compiling or linking. Is that strange?
> >
> >Patch is wrong. Actually, it does put the dirrem to the proccessing twice
> >when xp != NULL.
>
> Yes, exactly why I said 'it doesn't fix the problem'.  In fact, I
> actually did not post it to the list, and didn't intend for it to be
> posted.  I was hoping for feedback for further examination.
>
> Kostik - do you have any ideas on what is going on here?  Did you see
> the message in another thread that looked similar (it was regarding
> gjournal)?

No, I have no idea. BTW, some further information from the people that
experience the problem could be helpful. For instance,
UFS1/UFS2
size of the problematic fs/% of the space used
are quotas enabled in kernel/active for the fs ?
are softupdates on ?
what block number is reported as being freed twice ? is it always the same ?
what is the full fsck diagnostic after reboot ?

The range of questions is so wide because I try to somewhat localize the
search field down from "anywhere".