Re: Broken su in current - trying to fix myself, help needed!

From: Artem Kuchin <matrix_at_itlegion.ru>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:44:06 +0400
Josh Carroll wrote:
>> if you try to run a very simple perl script:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>> $com="/usr/bin/su root -c 'echo heck'";
>> system($com);
>> print "done!\n";
>
> This works fine for me. If I run it as root (and change the user it's
> su'ing to to a normal user), it runs find and prints:
>
> heck
> done
>
> If I run it as a normal user su'ing to root (e.g. the same as you're
> doing), I get a Password: prompt, and entering my password it still
> works:
>
> % ./su.pl
> Password:
> heck
> done!
>
> Do you have another way to reproduce this? Because that particular
> test is working fine here on a RELENG_7 box (csup'd last night).

You are a bit late for the discussion. If you look trough the list you will find two
ways to reproduce it:

1)Try start building, for example, midnight commander  port not being root
2) Start the exampe script from midnight commands by pressing ENTER on
the script file (using subshell).

Anyhow, patch was submiited and maybe MFCd by now.

--
Artem