Re: Supermicro H8DA8 hangs on reboot

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:13:55 +0100 (BST)
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, JoaoBR wrote:

> has somebody else the problem that this MB does not reboot (stays at uptime at
> the end)?

I've always had the same problem with 7-CURRENT/PRERELEASE/BETA1 on 2
motherboards Gigabyte GA-P-35-DS4 and Intel D975XBX2 i.e. hangs at uptime.
On both machines I use a small ufs mirror to boot and have everything
else on zfs.
   It seems that if the restart is attempted soon after the machine has
just come up then it can reboot properly, but if the machine has been up a
reasonable time, then it will always hang at uptime. Sorry, can't be more
specific than 'a reasonable amount of uptime', i.e. a few hours, as the
cause at the mo. Not noticed a specific action which causes it.

> both sysctl do not have any effect:
>
> hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot
> hw.acpi.handle_reboot

Not tried those.

> releng_6 works ok

Yep.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,