Re: panic in 8-CURRENT / BGE hang

From: JoaoBR <joao_at_matik.com.br>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:50:43 -0200
On Tuesday 23 October 2007 13:16:10 Lawrence Farr wrote:
> > could this patch help to solve this kern/116328 also ? If so would you
> > mind to
> > send me a copy?
> >

> > thank's
> > --
> >
> > Joćo
>
> Setting hw.bge.allow_asf="0" at the loader prompt fixes it for me, as
> per the mail by Anders Norby:

great it works, thank you

so that is the reason then that bge hangs with 7 with the same if_bge.c
version as releng_6

because hw.bge.allow_asf defaults to 0 in releng_6 and to 1 in 7

somebody knows why this changed? Would be kind of handy if this where in the
man page since almost all tyans and other server boards have this bge nics

--

Joćo