"sigreturn: eflags = 0x80283" after medium-to-high load

From: Ralf S. Engelschall <rse+freebsd-current_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:02:04 +0100
Just FYI: When I compile lots of C++ code under 8.0 or 7.0 (both as of
2007-10-27 and running on ZFS inside a virtual machine) I'm still able
to regularily bring the system into an unusable state. The effect is
that first on the console the following kernel messages occur:

    sigreturn: eflags = 0x80283
    sigreturn: eflags = 0x80297

Then after I type e.g. CTRL-C in my C++ compile session over SSH more
such "sigreturn: eflags = 0x80283" occur on the console (and without
bringing back a shell prompt on the SSH session). At this stage I also
no longer can login via SSH through a new second SSH connection. Only on
the console I still can perform a "sync; sync; sync; reboot" to rescue.
In this situation even a regular "shutdown -r now" often just causes
more "sigreturn: eflags = 0x80297" outputs but isn't really able to
finally reboot the system.

Hmmm...

--
rse_at_FreeBSD.org                        Ralf S. Engelschall
FreeBSD.org/~rse                       rse_at_engelschall.com