Re: WRITE_DMA48 error causing loss of ZFS array

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:37:23 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:59:11AM +0000, Mark Powell wrote:
>>   I've experienced several dma errors over the past few months with various
>> incarnations of 7.0 which were all fixed.
>
> This could be relevant:
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/freebsd-current/2007/10/2/326931

Yes, thanks. Last time I mentioned this, des_at_des.no also said then it was
a well known ATA bug, for which I should look in the archives. However, as
I said, it's hard to pinpoint from searching the -current archives, quite
which bug he is talking about.
   Does anyone have a link to a post which goes into greater detail about
this problem?
   I'd like to post a PR regarding this, but would like to read these
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,