Re: problems: nvidia latest driver and 7.0-BETA1

From: Michal Varga <varga.michal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:50:00 +0100
On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 22:48 -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> first of all, since the RELENG_7 birth, I never know where to post
> 7.0-BETA stuff. well, here I go ...
>
> this is a fresh BETA1 install, did it yesterday. xorg and half gnome
> completed, I tried to make nvidia work and nothing.
>
> the kernel module kldloads ok, but nothing gets posted to
> dmesg(/var/log/messages)

I had one user reporting the same thing here, it seems that removing
freebsd's AGP driver from boot/loader.conf (and kernel, if you have it
compiled in) and using driver's builtin nvAGP helped him. Did you try
this, by a chance?

Also, what is your card's model?

,.

--
Michal Varga <varga.michal_at_gmail.com>
Stonehenge