Re: /usr/share/man/man8/MAKEDEV.8

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:30:45 -0500
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:08:31PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Bernd Walter, and lo! it spake thus:

> I don't completly agree.
> Many people forget that FreeBSD is used on slow embedded systems as
> well and I prefer having manpoages there as well.

Oh, I don't argue that there are cases where catpages are still
useful.  But I think they're the exception, not the rule.  When you're
setting up a tiny system (by whatever the standards of the given day
are) or an appliance, you expect the tradeoffs to be rather different
than on a normal (by said standards) general-purpose computer.

Heck, looking at Soekris, everything above the 4501 class is probably
faster than my laptop    8-}

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net