Re: Adding k9 and k10 to bsd.cpu.mk

From: Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev_at_moneybookers.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:02:56 +0300
Hello,

JoaoBR wrote:
> On Friday 31 August 2007 11:31:37 Kris Kennaway wrote:
>

>>> for instance.
>>>
>> MACHINE_CPU is supposed to be a complete list of relevant CPU features
>> that ports can use to enable e.g. SSE2 asm optimizations if the CPUTYPE
>> supports it.  A number of them exist that do this.
>>

> Sorry but I have some difficulties to understand how a port could enable CPU
> features if they are not enabled/recognized by the kernel

The freebsd kernel recognize without a problem SSE3 flag. The problem is
that we do not have
CPU alias name for amd processors that support SSE3, and those
processors are already available on the market (?)
So the ports cannot use sse3 feature if you have AMD (even if it support it)

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev