Re: qemu on a recent -current, slow like a 486 !

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheusber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:54:57 -0300
On 9/3/07, Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk> wrote:
> Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> > I have disabled all but one debug support:
> >
> > makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
> >
> > no witness also
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > matheus
> >

> Hi Matheus,
>
> If you haven't tried kqemu-kmod, I would highly recommend it - with the
> caveat that, being a kernel module that hasn't been extensively tested,
> it may crash your system.
> It should speed up qemu to near-native speeds since it allows the code
> to run natively instead of being interpreted one instruction at a time.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce Cran

hm, I'll try this today :)
thanks, but now what I think will most kill performance is that even
though I say -smp 2 and it has two cpus (my machine is in fact dual
core), it has one and only one process for all qemu vm, and there fore
uses just one core.

is it really supposed to behave this way ?

thanks again

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,