Re: [Fwd: gkrellmwireless-2.0.2_7 failed on amd64 7]

From: Szilveszter Adam <sziszi_at_bsd.hu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:32:25 +0200
On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 09:56:00AM +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> a bunch of ports broke on recent CURRENT, similar to the log below.
> Who's responsible for this change - who should I nag to fix the ports?

The commit that caused this is

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-all/2007-July/226628.html

by thompsa.

The log says that the ioctls that used to be used by wicontrol were
removed. It seems that several applications relied on this interface
(even in the case of non-wi cards/chips) probably because this used to
be one of the first such interfaces on FreeBSD and then just continued
working (TM).  Unfortunately some ๖of the affected apps are esentially
abandoned (eg wmwifi) so I have no idea if the port maintainer can fix
them alone. But it would be nice, because now it is really hard to find
any wlan signal monitoring apps for FreeBSD apart from Gnome/KDE applets.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest