Re: Unkillable and runaway processes

From: Michael Plass <mfp49_freebsd_at_plass-family.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:22:19 -0700
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007, Benjamin Close wrote:

> I'd love to debug here this but can't as the box uses a USB
> mouse/keyboard so every time I drop to a debugger I lose keyboard
> support :(

I have had some success using DDB with a USB keyboard by removing atk
and kbdmux from the kernel config (nodevice lines for atkbdc, atkbd,
psm, and kbdmux).

A downside is that when I do this, dumps stop working - they hang on
the call to cncheckc() when checking for user abort (the cncheckc()
never returns).  Replacing this call with (-1) allows the dump to
proceed.  For me, the relevant file is /usr/src/sys/amd64/amd64/
minidump_machdep.c.

- Michael