Re: Encrypted zfs?

From: Barry Pederson <bp_at_barryp.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:33:21 -0500
Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

>> Does ZFS ignore the path if it thinks the device should have a certain
>> devid?  Is there a slick way to clear out the devid/serial-number from
>> the zpool's memory?
>
> Have you tried zpool export/import?

Yes, that works fine.  I was wondering if there was a way to do it that
didn't involve rebooting (I'm using that pool as root) or otherwise
taking the pool offline.

I guess this isn't something that a person really needs to be able to
do, I'm just poking around to find out what the limitations or tricks
are to how ZFS deals with things.  Moving a disk from a SATA controller
to a non-SATA controller seemed like something worth trying.

	Barry