Re: PATCH: ecng for 6.x and 7.x

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:39:01 +0300
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:56:10PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> I've done some major rework on the EC driver.  This should help with
> various problems, including timeouts while checking battery status or
> temperature.  The attached patches are for 6.x and 7.x.  Please test and
> let me know if you get any new errors on dmesg or if it fixes things for
> you (especially HP/Compaq laptop owners).
Ok, I tryed it on Acer 2490-kind of laptop. I see no difference with the
patch, battery status seems to be reported correctly both before and after
applying it.

The only thing I want to note is that reboot on the laptop is turned into
poweroff. You said in the followup to original letter that poweroff is
turned into reboot, I did not checked it; this is opposite.