Re: Xorg detaches one of my hard drives

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_fusiongol.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:15:20 +0900
I've updated the BIOS on my GA-G33-DS3R to F5, and rebuilt world to the
latest CURRENT.

Xorg is no longer detaching my hard drive. Instead, now it is acting
randomly. Sometimes X won't start up properly, and leaves me with a
solid cursor in the top left of the screen, crashing my system.
Othertimes, I've had X start up properly, except that I get the kernal
message :-

interrupt storm detected on "irq 19"; throttling interrupt source

...flow all the way down the screen on the first console.

Xorg is configured to use the VESA driver for the G33, as I believe
there is no support for this chipset in this version of Xorg.