Re: FreeBSD 6.x and HP?

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd_at_codelabs.ru>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:33:43 +0400
Pete, good day.

Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:08:33PM +0930, Pete wrote:
> I've been having a rather unusual, but very annoying issue with HP DL140 G3
> Servers and FreeBSD. I thought I might give the mailing list a try to see what
> I can find and whether anyone else has had similar issues. When trying to
> install FreeBSD 6.x AMD64, as these boxes look to have the Woodcrest core Xeon
> CPUs (5100-series), which support EMT64T, I have encountered the following
> issues.

I didn't tried FreeBSD on these servers, but for Linux 64-bit systems
demand that "8042 Emulation Support" must be disabled (BIOS, menu
"Advanced").  Try this, may be it will help, especially if you have
no problems with FreeBSD/i386 and 8042 emulation is currently enabled
on your machine.

Drop me a letter if things will fail for you, I might be able to
check FreeBSD/amd64 on the DL140 G3 I have at hand.
--
Eygene