Re: Memory allocation problems (ZFS/NFS/amd64)

From: Borja Marcos <BORJAMAR_at_SARENET.ES>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:01:21 +0200
On 19 Sep 2007, at 19:35, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Borja Marcos wrote:
>
>> These are not innocuous messages, the machine is rejecting
>> connections
>> like crazy. Any ideas?
>> The number of established TCP connections was around 490, and the
>> machine has 2 GB of RAM.
>
> Just a guess: what is your vm.kmem_size_max and have you tried
> increasing it?

It's the first thing I thought, and I cranked it to a very high value
just in case:

vm.kmem_size_max: 1073741824

It didn't help. Any ideas? The ZFS filesystem was mounted but it had
absolutely no activity at that
point. It was just Apache 2.2 serving files coming from a NFS-mounted
filesystem.

Borja.

"The thing he realised about the windows was this: because they had
been converted into openable windows after they had first been
designed to be impregnable, they were, in fact, much less secure than
if they had been designed as openable windows in the first place."
    Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"