iscsi port in /etc/services?

From: Angel Höngens <angelo_at_hongens.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:48:45 +0200
Hey guys, my first post here, so don't shoot me. (Don't know if this is the
right place to come with the question)

I'm running RELENG_6 (built yesterday)m and after installing the
iscsi-target from ports, I found that I could not get it started..  I got
the error "***ERROR*** getaddrinfo: servname not supported for ai_socktype",
which after googling for half an hour turns out to be a cryptic message
meaning a service is not found in /etc/services.

After getting a later version of /etc/services, the iscsi-target would
start, but I was not able to connect using an initiator on another machine.
I then found out these ports in /etc/services: (apparently since rev 1.112)

iscsi           860/tcp
iscsi           860/udp

While my initiator expected to see port 3260. After some more googling, I
found out port 860 is a port to be used ONLY when in need of a system TCP
port number (?) but by default, port 3260 must be used:

RFC3720 says:

   The well-known user TCP port number for iSCSI connections assigned by
   IANA is 3260 and this is the default iSCSI port.  Implementations
   needing a system TCP port number may use port 860, the port assigned
   by IANA as the iSCSI system port; however in order to use port 860,
   it MUST be explicitly specified - implementations MUST NOT default to
   use of port 860, as 3260 is the only allowed default.

Is this in error in /etc/services, or an error in my logic?

Kind regards,

Angelo Höngens
The Netherlands.