Re: nvidia driver on recent current?

From: Craig Boston <cb_at_severious.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:55:24 -0500
On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:25:24PM -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
> Some of the addresses look very suspicious, so it seems the stack is
> likely corrupted.

Now that I think about it, the stack isn't corrupt.  Those are just the
arguments for the ?? functions that kgdb can't work out the prototype
for.

A little extra info, this is the newest nvidia driver -- 100.14.11.  It
happens on a kernel from last week, as well as an 8/31 build that I
tried rolling back to.  Before that it was stable for months, but as
it's somewhat intermittent it may take a while to locate the exact
change.  Running multiple GL clients at once seems to be a good way, and
it almost always happens just as one terminates.

This is an SMP system.  I habitually add -DKSE -DSMP to the nvidia
driver CFLAGS between the 'make patch' and 'make build' steps in the
port install, but taking those out doesn't seem to have any effect.

Craig