Re: The safety expansion for FreeBSD rm(1)

From: Daichi GOTO <daichi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:33:18 +0900
Ivan Voras wrote:
> Daichi GOTO wrote:
>> Hi Guys again
>>
>> Today is not unionfs.
>
> How is the unionfs patch progressing through re ? :) I hope it gets
> digested soon :)

I have sent a aprove request to re_at_ and been waiting for replay.
I have a hope to get aproval mail too :)  I beleive in that recent
unionfs patches bunch is well viewed and working very good.

>> We have created safety expansion for rm(1). If you have any interests,
>> please try follow patch.
>>
>>   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/safety-rm/
>
> This looks useful, but shouldn't this feature be handled more globally,
> with a MAC policy or something like that?

Yes, that is not depending to MAC or other comprehensive access
framework. At the beginning, what's important is that I have anyone
needs that feature or not ;-)  If someone needs that feature, I
will get the work of more comprehensive mechanism.