Re: Flash plugin status

From: Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:56:56 -0500
On 9/26/07, Rudy <crapsh_at_monkeybrains.net> wrote:

> About a month ago, Flash 7 was marked unsafe, and Flash 9 doesn't work
> on many sites.
>
>   [1] Anyone have any tricks to get Flash 9 working in 7.x?
>   [2] Any update on getting the freebsd foundation to take
>       on Flash (ala Java)?
>   [3] Anyone work at Adobe (nee Macromedia) that can get a
>       build for FreeBSD published?
>

> Stirring up the same old problem,
> Rudy

I would Love to have a native build of Flash for FreeBSD, I heard
something about the PC-BSD project approaching Adobe, for a native
build of flash, I heard this on a BSD talk interview a month or so
ago.

does anyone know the steps that would need to be taken in order to
bring the flash issue to the attention of the FreeBSD foundation.
Maybe the FreeBSD foundation does not realize how many sites require
flash 9 now.

Willing to help in anyway I can

Sam Fourman Jr.