Re: Flash plugin status

From: Jona Joachim <jaj_at_hcl-club.lu>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:09:14 +0200
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:24:07 -0700
Rudy <crapsh_at_MonkeyBrains.NET> wrote:

> About a month ago, Flash 7 was marked unsafe, and Flash 9 doesn't
> work on many sites.
>
>   [1] Anyone have any tricks to get Flash 9 working in 7.x?
>   [2] Any update on getting the freebsd foundation to take
>       on Flash (ala Java)?

That would be horrible!
Do you want the FreeBSD Foundation to work against our freedom and
encourage the use of proprietary binary formats on the World Wide Web?
Whenever I come to a Flash-only site I just move away thinking that the
content is probably not worth wasting my time.
You might want to consider gnash. While gnash cannot replace Flash as
of today it is evolving quickly.

Best regards,
Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns